Are you allergic to Mold?

According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, ” f you have an allergy that occurs over several seasons, you may be allergic to the spores of molds or other fungi. ” Molds live everywhere.

Mold and mildew are fungi. They are different from plants or animals in how they reproduce and grow. Inhaling the spores causes allergic reactions in some people. Fungi grow in many places, both indoors and outside, so allergic reactions can occur year-round.

Although there are many types of molds, only a few dozen cause allergic reactions. Many molds grow on rotting logs and fallen leaves, in compost piles and on grasses and grains. Unlike pollens, molds do not die with the first killing frost. Most outdoor molds become inactive during the winter. In the spring they grow on plants killed by the cold. Indoors, fungi grow in damp areas. They can often be found in the bathroom, kitchen or basement.” 

If you have a sensitivity to mold, it would be a good idea to schedule a visit from Mason, our mold sniffing dog.  He is accompanied by a certified Mold Assessment Technician and together they can identify if there is mold like substances present or if there are potential problem spots where mold may grow in the future.

Dog Gone Mold can’t do much about the mold outside, however, we can check to make sure the inside of your home is mold free.  Contact us to schedule your visit.